Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

life size elk target

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

life size elk target

Postby rthompson » 05 15, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I am looking to purchase a life size elk target. Months ago I found one that I was very interested in but I can not find the contact information. I believe it was from Poison Arrow gear. When I look them up on the internet I can not find them. The target was life size and made of a mesh material. If anyone has any information on this target and how to get in touch with the company or person to call, please let me know. I have my first archery elk hunt this fall and want to get used to shooting at a life size elk.
rthompson

Re: life size elk target

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 15, 2018 •  [Post 2]

RT, welcome to the forum bud. I know the target you're referring to but unfortunately, PAG recently closed their business doors. I'll try to contact the owner and see if he has any of the targets left. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 05 15, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Welcome to the forum rthompson. This is an excellent place to talk hunting, especially elk.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Brendan » 05 15, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I actually think I have one of those targets, and have never used it if you're interested... Need a bigger yard where I can build a target big enough :D
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby CurlyTail » 05 16, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I use the Big Sky Silhouette Elk Target. It is made of corrugated plastic and has been a good purchase for me. I hang it in the garage wall on a couple of nails, and then hang it in front of my target when it is time to shoot. Works for me. I like that it is life size so that I can judge distance somewhat by how big the target appears. Gives me a lot of confidence prior to the season as the life size elk vitals are rather large and you can hardly miss (in the back yard).

I like to put on my exo pack, strap on the binocular harness, put a diaphram in my mouth and practice a "nervous grunt" or cow call immediately prior to shooting.

https://www.bigskyrealarcherytargets.com/Products/Targets/Elk/
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby Brendan » 05 24, 2018 •  [Post 6]

RThompson - replied to your private message on this and am unsure if you've seen it. Check your PM's.

Brendan
Brendan

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 24, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Brendan wrote:RThompson - replied to your private message on this and am unsure if you've seen it. Check your PM's.

Brendan

Brendan, he's only got one post so cannot send/receive PM's. I'll try to dig up his email and send it to you via PM. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Brendan » 05 24, 2018 •  [Post 8]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:
Brendan wrote:RThompson - replied to your private message on this and am unsure if you've seen it. Check your PM's.

Brendan

Brendan, he's only got one post so cannot send/receive PM's. I'll try to dig up his email and send it to you via PM. RJ

Are you sure about that - I've gotten two PM's from him? Regardless - sending him an email. Thanks!
Brendan