Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Elk Target

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Elk Target

Postby rthompson » 05 24, 2018 •  [Post 1]

About 2 weeks ago I asked the forum if anyone knew of a life size elk target in 2 dimension. I know Poison Arrow Gear used to make one but they are out of business. I was also given info on Big Sky Real Archery. It so happens that their targets are discontinued and a new version is coming soon. They have none to purchase until their new line comes out in the fall. I need help as I an from Pennsylvania and not used to shooting at anything larger than a whitetail. This coming Sept. I am going on an elk hunt in New Mexico and really what to practice on a life size elk so when the moment of truth happens I am ready. Can any one give me any help in locating a life size elk target for my practice sessions. Thanks so much to all. Feel free to call me at (814) 421-8376.
rthompson

Re: Elk Target

Postby Elkhunttoo » 05 24, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Here's the red neck take on it. :D ... a few years ago when my wife was starting to archery hunt she was wanting to know the size of elk. I didn't do the legs or head but made a cardboard cutout for her. Red neck I know, but it worked. The other thing I did is pause videos and draw and hold on elk.
Elkhunttoo

Postby Brendan » 05 24, 2018 •  [Post 3]

I've sent you two PM's and an email on this. I have a brand new, never used target if you want it. You just need to respond back.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9673

Phone is tough for me, email is best.

Brendan
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby rthompson » 05 25, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Hi Brendan,
I have set (2) PM's to you concerning the target you have, but for some reason they are not getting to you. I am extremely interested in the target you have as I want to get used to shooting a life size target with no dots for aiming. My email address is, rthompson@windberwoods.com Thanks, Hope to hear from you soon, Bob
rthompson

Postby Brendan » 05 25, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Bob - they are getting to me. I have already sent you two PM's (now 3) and 1 Email. Check your email, including your spam folder, and get back to me.
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby elkaholicid » 05 29, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Solo Target makes target skins of several different animals including elk. Here is a link to the elk target: https://solotargets.com/store/big-game/8-2d-elk-bugling-archery-target.html

They also have a target stand that will help get the elevation of your target set at the right height behind the target skin.
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor