Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

September Dreams Trailer...

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

September Dreams Trailer...

Postby under H2O hunter » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 1]

My good friend and hunting buddy from last season finally put the trailer out to our film "September Dreams" I hope you'll take a look and give it an honest review. We are looking forward to this September and seeing what other stuff we can put on film... If you want to give us a follow. You can on I.G. @sixwithstixs or @realrorymorgan https://youtu.be/Z6PzJfpxNN0
under H2O hunter

First Name: James

Re: September Dreams Trailer...

Postby BrentLaBere » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Looks great, cant wait to watch it. When will the full film come out?
BrentLaBere

First Name: Brent
Last Name: LaBere

Postby Swede » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 3]

It is a fast paced trailer for sure. I find it interesting that the stated purpose was to test your manhood. That has never been my purpose in hunting. interesting.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby under H2O hunter » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:It is a fast paced trailer for sure. I find it interesting that the stated purpose was to test your manhood. That has never been my purpose in hunting. interesting.

Nor has it been mine... But for my friend Rory. It has been. He never grew up hunting. It's something he picked up 3 or 4 years ago. He is about pushing his body and his mind far beyond most. In fact he just did the Big Horn 100. Which is a 100 mile race. It took him 27 hours to complete... As I have grown and developed over the 27 years I have big game hunted I have learned that people get into this for a variety of reasons... I never want anyone to be like me nor do I plan to be like anyone else... My reasons for hunting may be similar in some ways to others but I think its important to have your own way and to strive to be original. I feel Rory has a great story to tell and when the final film is completed it will make a lot more sense as to why he stated that.. To him its never about the kill its about the challenge. When he decided to start hunting he choose a way that he felt would be the hardest way. Stick N String and backpacking deep into places. He wanted to test "HIS MANHOOD" I suppose you could say...
under H2O hunter

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Great trailer, I like it! And heck, how can you go wrong hunting/filming with a guy with such a great first name!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 6]

The trailer is good.
James, I understand your friend's situation. I hope the day soon arrives when he no longer feels the need to prove his manhood. Life is better when you have satisfied yourself on that score.
I think most of us guys went through that need at some time or another. When I first left home at age 17, I really wanted to prove I was up to making my own way. I am sure that can be translated to proving my manhood. I was just starting to shave, but I was a "man". When I went to college, I wanted to prove, at least to myself, that I was up to it. When I first started my career, I had something to prove to those that were higher up the food chain.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 06 21, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:It is a fast paced trailer for sure. I find it interesting that the stated purpose was to test your manhood. That has never been my purpose in hunting. interesting.

That was the first thing I picked out also,...
My daughter is my hunting partner, so it set me back a moment. Evidently those words made an impact to others

Seems well done, some good footage !
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby jmorr » 06 22, 2018 •  [Post 8]

Are these the same guys that made the funny video I saw on facebook of all the misses with the stick bow? I thought it was hilarious but a lot of people took exception to it. It looks like these guys really know how to get on elk considering how many shot opportunities they had :lol:
jmorr

Postby under H2O hunter » 06 23, 2018 •  [Post 9]

jmorr wrote:Are these the same guys that made the funny video I saw on facebook of all the misses with the stick bow? I thought it was hilarious but a lot of people took exception to it. It looks like these guys really know how to get on elk considering how many shot opportunities they had :lol:

Jmorr yes these are the same guys... We put our "Blooper" reel out before our trailer. It had some mixed reviews which is ok because we know not everyone will see things the way we seen them.. It helps us grow as film makers as well as hunters... Thank you for liking the feel. As far as getting shot opportunities I pride myself on putting in tons of work both in the off season as well as during the season. I am fortunate that I get the entire month to hunt so opportunities for myself are much great then say the guy who only gets 7 days. If you look at my other recent post you'll see that I just a scouting trip of 19 miles. During that trip I was able to locate 10 bulls, 1 cow, 6 deer, and a coyote over 4 days. I'll be back up checking the game cameras I put up next month and then again in early August before heading in on the 23rd.
under H2O hunter

Postby Elkhunttoo » 06 23, 2018 •  [Post 10]

Looks good! This season is coming in a hurry :D
Elkhunttoo

Postby Joe Schmo » 06 24, 2018 •  [Post 11]

Yeah buddy!! Well done, can’t wait to see the whole thing!!
Joe Schmo

Postby Wapiti » 06 25, 2018 •  [Post 12]

Excellent trailer fellas !! Well done.

I love all the cool filming segments from go pro to drone footage as well as night time star time elapse footage. All the filmography makes a great film to me !! Plus your film is crisp and not shaking all over the place. That's a huge bonus as I get dizzy watching some of the other films being put out and I just end up fast forwarding through most of them.

Congratulations and looking forward to the whole film.

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby Old school » 06 25, 2018 •  [Post 13]

As others have already stated - great teaser for a trailer and great video quality as well.

--Mitch
Old school

Postby stringunner » 06 27, 2018 •  [Post 14]

Looks cool!
stringunner

Postby CurlyTail » 06 28, 2018 •  [Post 15]

Very nice! I am hoping to put something together from this years hunt.

I am interested how you did the time lapse scenes, I always like thosel
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby under H2O hunter » 06 28, 2018 •  [Post 16]

CurlyTail wrote:Very nice! I am hoping to put something together from this years hunt.

I am interested how you did the time lapse scenes, I always like thosel

Time lapsing is nothing more then taking a bunch of photos over a period of time and putting them together... Most cameras now a days have this feature pre built into them so you can set how long you want your camera to take photos. then you set how far apart in seconds or minutes you want a picture taken... Pretty much all it is. What really makes the night time lapses pop is when you can get your shutter speed right so you can pick up the smallest stars and make them pop out... Good luck it take lots of practice. But its really fun. Here is a link to the milky way time lapse. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ths5ylxdnw9z8 ... 0.AVI?dl=0
under H2O hunter