Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Wapiti Talk Hunting Forum Moderator....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Wapiti Talk Hunting Forum Moderator....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I've added Tigger (Dean) as our newest forum moderator. Our humble on-line hunting campfire continues to grow so I decided to add one more MOD to help out. He joins the motley crew of Swede, Lefty, and Indian Summer as our forum moderators. What exactly do MODs do? Heck, I wasn't sure so I had to look it up (just kidding) ;) . They oversee communication activity on the forum, monitor the interchange of contributors (members), edit posts for clarity or content if needed/asked to, and make decisions regarding content, appropriateness, and the direction of topics/threads. Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized and on track is also a common job for a forum MOD. If the forum becomes hostile (ain't happening on Wapiti Talk, I'll guarantee that) or starts to move in a direction of personal attacks, the forum MOD has the discretion to lock the discussion to prevent further heated exchanges, etc. Yep, after checking with the big dog in charge, MODs can even permanently remove threads, posts, and in extreme cases.... recommend that a user be temporarily inactivated or banned form forum participation. Mostly, they just keep the Wapiti Talk conversations educational/informative, helpful, and family friendly so even somebody's 107 year old grandmother could sit down and learn something from and enjoy our threads!

Please join me in welcoming Tigger to our stinky moderator pack... I'm sure he'll do a great job, and, be busy enough with his MOD duties that he'll stop bothering me with inappropriate comments about putting foreign objects on my old red car, and, asking to use the company Lear Jet (which I haven't seen in several years by the way Lefty, Indian Summer, Swede). That's all...
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: New Wapiti Talk Hunting Forum Moderator....

Postby Tigger » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 2]

As part of the negotiations, my lawyers were able to get unfettered access to Big Red! So we will be doing a WapitiTalk road tour and at each stop we will add an accessory to the car. Please start thinking about accoutrements that Big Red is now lacking! Wahooo! Mud Bogging and Hill Climbing here we come!

Effective immediately, forum dues have now been increased to $1875. Per month. Please make the check out to me and I will forward to RJ for sure.

In all seriousness, it is an honor to be part of this forum. It is a great place to hang out. I look forward to logging on each and every time. As elk season is nearly upon us, please post up those questions and suggestions. If you have thought of it, no doubt countless others have as well.
Tigger

Postby Indian Summer » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Welcome aboard Tig! You’ve been a great contributor to this site and you’re definitely qualified for the job. It’s no big secret we have an easy group of members to oversee. Probably the thing I’ve had to do most is relocate threads to the proper forum. It might not seem like a big deal to ask about binoculars in the hunting forum but for future reference if people want to search for info on the subject it has to be in the appropriate place.

Anyway I’m looking forward to doing some cruising in Big Red. I call shotgun!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Nice job & great selection Rory! Who was his running mate! Ha Ha!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Lefty » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Great addition!!!!

Im just curious if your lawyer has a signed contract!
:lol:

Lifes pretty easy on here and I think were overpaid!
I thought I would be able to spend more time on here after I retired the 1st of November,..I think I "work" more now than before,..
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby saddlesore » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 6]

So what is the difference between blue and red high lighted moderators?
saddlesore

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Vince, Blue is head cook and bottle washer, owner/Administrator (me); the brownish red are the deputies/Moderators.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Hot Cow » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 8]

So by Big Red you must be meaning Big Red Huskers ;) ! It sure is nice to see another loyal Nebraska fan. :shock: :shock: lol

Congrats and I bet this can be you first opportunity to edit a post :lol:
Hot Cow

First Name: Tim

Postby Tigger » 07 20, 2018 •  [Post 9]

Is Nebraska red? Didn't know that. Do they play football there? :D
Tigger

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 07 21, 2018 •  [Post 10]

Well crap. There went the neighborhood... :lol:
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Roosiebull » 07 23, 2018 •  [Post 11]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Vince, Blue is head cook and bottle washer, owner/Administrator (me); the brownish red are the deputies/Moderators.

Is it a secret political reference?

What I like about WT is the atmosphere, people are cool here, there doesn't seem to be a single troll here, which is pleasant.
Roosiebull

Postby Roosiebull » 07 23, 2018 •  [Post 12]

Btw, one of the mods may want to move this thread to a more appropriate area :lol:
Roosiebull

Postby Swede » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 13]

TIGGER! Look what happens when you leave for a few days. Isn't anything safe anymore. :o

All joking aside, Tigger will be a great addition. Welcome to the moderator board.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkduds » 07 28, 2018 •  [Post 14]

Congratulations, Tigger, you're doing fine so far. What was 2nd prize?
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 28, 2018 •  [Post 15]

If the color blue is reserved for head cook and bottle washer, which one of you is the head cook and which one of you is the bottle washer??

Or maybe I'm the only one that has noticed that there are two (blue) guys!!
>>>---WW---->

Postby Swede » 07 28, 2018 •  [Post 16]

I see only one blue named person. I am surely not the head of anything, but may qualify for a bottle washer. That would be a promotion.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics