Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Out of the Office for a bit......

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Out of the Office for a bit......

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 25, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I'm off to the Gem state tomorrow morning early (scouting) and will be out of cell/internet service for 3-4 days? I'm "sure" the MODs will keep an eye on you rabble rousers to ensure you don't get out of line ;). OK, no bad language, no spitting, no drinking in public, no cashing of bad checks, no putting lit firecrackers in the mouths of sucker fish and throwing them off a bridge (who in the heck would do that?), no staying up past 10:00 PM, and no harassing of any member of this forum or sponsor. I have somebody working the ADM board to sign in new members during my absence also. Have a good rest of the week and weekend and see you all soon. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Out of the Office for a bit......

Postby Lefty » 07 25, 2018 •  [Post 2]

A fine oppurtunity to breck in Trigger right. :lol:
Have a great trip RJ.

I get better receptii b ib the mountains than I Do AR home.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Lefty.... Swede, step away from the keypad. You’re on your own Tigger!

Ok guys have you ever heard the one about the octopus that walked into a strip club? :lol:
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I think I shall start a second account from the library computer...

I'll name it...... TurkeyBowMasterReturns!

:shock:

:oops:

:lol:
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Tigger » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I was thinking we should have a little contest. Winner gets a week with RJs car “Big Red”! Provided it still runs after the mud bog open class event!

Also, since “Dad” is gone, let’s throw a party! Something really crazy with cake and balloons and even grape koolaid! Lefty will clean up so just throw your peanut shells on the floor.
Tigger

Postby lamrith » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Tigger wrote:I was thinking we should have a little contest. Winner gets a week with RJs car “Big Red”! Provided it still runs after the mud bog open class event!

Also, since “Dad” is gone, let’s throw a party! Something really crazy with cake and balloons and even grape koolaid! Lefty will clean up so just throw your peanut shells on the floor.

Heck yeah. I did not see any notes about limitations on mods to big red.
Anyone have any spare 4wd front axles around? I am sure we can weld up brackets for the leaf springs easy enough. 10" lift and some 33 super swampers.
I have an old Yakima rack we can put on the roof for Rory to load his camp gear in.
Put his blacktail rack from last year on the roofrack fairing and his elk rack on the nose of bigred.
Anyone good with Vinyl decals? "hunt camp or bust" decal to cover the rear window.
Needs mudflaps tooo..
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Postby Tigger » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 7]

I have always thought wood grain paneling on the sides would spice it up a fair amount!
Tigger

Postby lamrith » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 8]

Tigger wrote:I have always thought wood grain paneling on the sides would spice it up a fair amount!

Problem is once we do that, the fun will end. I am not sure it would be appropriate to be tampering with RJ's big red woody.
100Gr. G5 montecs

lamrith

Postby Roosiebull » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 9]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:I'm off to the Gem state tomorrow morning early (scouting) and will be out of cell/internet service for 3-4 days? I'm "sure" the MODs will keep an eye on you rabble rousers to ensure you don't get out of line ;). OK, no bad language, no spitting, no drinking in public, no cashing of bad checks, no putting lit firecrackers in the mouths of sucker fish and throwing them off a bridge (who in the heck would do that?), no staying up past 10:00 PM, and no harassing of any member of this forum or sponsor. I have somebody working the ADM board to sign in new members during my absence also. Have a good rest of the week and weekend and see you all soon. RJ

have fun!

man, we can't get away with nuthin' around here 8-)
Roosiebull

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 07 26, 2018 •  [Post 10]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:OK, no bad language, no spitting, no drinking in public, no cashing of bad checks, no putting lit firecrackers in the mouths of sucker fish and throwing them off a bridge (who in the heck would do that?), no staying up past 10:00 PM, and no harassing of any member of this forum or sponsor.

Woops! I promise I missed that bit about bedtime RJ!!! It's only 10:30 here in Texas, so don't be too harsh on me!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Swede » 07 27, 2018 •  [Post 11]

I have been getting plenty of rest. There was no reason to worry about me being up past 10:00PM. It was very hot where I went scouting, so we were out late in the afternoons for only the first few days. I left my GPS and camera at home on my desk. I bought a new GPS. They are hard to find in small towns. I got some good coordinates, but no pictures.
No Tigger, I am not posting the coordinates. This was my vacation, not ours. :D However, you have my permission to take Big Red out for a desert run. RJ will clean it up when he returns.
Finding mud this time of year in the west will be too hard to make the effort worth it.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby lamrith » 07 27, 2018 •  [Post 12]

Swede wrote:I have been getting plenty of rest. There was no reason to worry about me being up past 10:00PM. It was very hot where I went scouting, so we were out late in the afternoons for only the first few days. I left my GPS and camera at home on my desk. I bought a new GPS. They are hard to find in small towns. I got some good coordinates, but no pictures.
No Tigger, I am not posting the coordinates. This was my vacation, not ours. :D However, you have my permission to take Big Red out for a desert run. RJ will clean it up when he returns.
Finding mud this time of year in the west will be too hard to make the effort worth it.

Yes, but the dust does wonders for air filters and window clarity. Great UV protection for the paint as well, so make sure to get her nice and covered. Some doughnuts on a dirt road should do the trick and makes for great natural camo for those scouting trips.
100Gr. G5 montecs

lamrith

Postby Tigger » 07 27, 2018 •  [Post 13]

mud around here is not hard to find at all, so I am thinking about a nice layer of dust followed by a large dose of mud. I will change tires to something more mud appropriate. If there is a layer of dust on it, then we don't have to worry about scratching the paint when we rub the mud all over it, right?

Swede, you don't have to post the coordinates of your new honey hole. that is nonsense! Just PM them to me. Thanks so much for doing that. I will let you know when/where I want my tent set up and at what time I want my omelet in the morning when we get closer.

By the way, it has been cool here lately and I have started to have an urge to rub my head on the doorjams.....? Seems to early for that, but I talked to a guy who started combining wheat today!
Tigger

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 30, 2018 •  [Post 14]

Got back about an hour ago. Long haul from where Joe and I scouted our new area. Saw a bull swimming in an alpine lake to cool off yesterday/mid morning and learned quite a bit on our trip. Just checked on Red and she's fine; wifey said she chained our biggest dog to the shop to keep an eye out for heathens that would seek to harm or deface the old car and it seemed to work.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 07 31, 2018 •  [Post 15]

“And they scattered like mice when the light comes on” :lol:
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Tigger » 07 31, 2018 •  [Post 16]

Hey Swede, that was an awesome idea to take a picture of Red in her nest, blow it up and put it in the doorway so when RJ looked he saw the picture. Little does he know we sold it for $1275 and used the money on beer and nachos! Lets wait about a month and take down the picture and we will be in the clear. Unless he actually goes inside. Then we got a problem.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 07 31, 2018 •  [Post 17]

I like it that the dog is chained up when we show up. Those old Chevys can be hot wired in about 30 seconds, so Tigger and I can go cruising in Centralia. Don't ask why, but I just like Centralia.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 31, 2018 •  [Post 18]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:I'm off to the Gem state tomorrow morning early (scouting) and will be out of cell/internet service for 3-4 days? I'm "sure" the MODs will keep an eye on you rabble rousers to ensure you don't get out of line ;). OK, no bad language, no spitting, no drinking in public, no cashing of bad checks, no putting lit firecrackers in the mouths of sucker fish and throwing them off a bridge (who in the heck would do that?), no staying up past 10:00 PM, and no harassing of any member of this forum or sponsor. I have somebody working the ADM board to sign in new members during my absence also. Have a good rest of the week and weekend and see you all soon. RJ

Who would be so cruel as to but firecrackers in the mouth of sucker fish at throw them off the bridge? But I do remember when we were just kids that we got a snapping turtle to bite down on a cherry bomb and lite the fuse once!!!!!!!!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby lamrith » 07 31, 2018 •  [Post 19]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Got back about an hour ago. Long haul from where Joe and I scouted our new area. Saw a bull swimming in an alpine lake to cool off yesterday/mid morning and learned quite a bit on our trip. Just checked on Red and she's fine; wifey said she chained our biggest dog to the shop to keep an eye out for heathens that would seek to harm or deface the old car and it seemed to work.

HAH, darn good thing I did not know that was the security precautions, I would have scooped big red and yellow dog up in a heartbeat, bet I could have gotten the Whippet to hop in for a joyride too.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip and scouting. Nice to hear you saw some elk!
100Gr. G5 montecs

lamrith

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 31, 2018 •  [Post 20]

I guess there were no bulls singing you to sleep in July this year without Swede there ;)
Elkhunttoo