Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

okay..let's do this!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

okay..let's do this!!

Postby pointysticks » 08 27, 2018 •  [Post 1]

i'm headed to unit 51 NEW MEXICO friday.

my boss torpedoed my plans to get there there with my truck 2 days early. he didnt let me out of a mandatory meeting this wed and thurday. grrr..

oh well..it came from above him. happy they didnt crap over the entire hunt.

so..i travel to a meeting, get home, sleep..get to the airport..fly to meet my brother and his big diesel truck..

he has the tag. none of his friends offered to help..so i am up to bat as "elk-hunt wingman" :D
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: okay..let's do this!!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 27, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Dang bosses :roll:. Just to show him the errors in his ways, during the meetings... just when they are getting completely boring and attendees are dying a slow death via PowerPoint, you SHOULD jump from your seat suddenly, run to the back of the room.... yank out your tube and scream a LOUD challenge bugle, followed up by raking your head against the coat rack, simultaneously pawing the ground.... That'll show him and everybody else where you should be! You're a good brother Cliff; best of luck on your pending hunt with your bro.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby pointysticks » 08 28, 2018 •  [Post 3]

i'm pretty excited about hiking hands free.

i.e. light.

hahhaha.. just seeing this go down will be the rush of a lifetime. fingers crossed. prayers uttered.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Lefty » 08 28, 2018 •  [Post 4]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you SHOULD jump from your seat suddenly, run to the back of the room.... yank out your tube and scream a LOUD challenge bugle, followed up by raking your head against the coat rack, simultaneously pawing the ground.... That'll show him and everybody else where you should be! You're a good brother Cliff; best of luck on your pending hunt with your bro.

SSo sad I could visualize the whose thing
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H