Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Hows the fishing been in yalls neck of the woods?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Hows the fishing been in yalls neck of the woods?

Postby Chaza402 » 03 17, 2016 •  [Post 1]

I am really anxious to see how many folks wet a line on this forum. Its nice to see some new additions to the forum selection! How's yalls spring been going, the rivers are starting to come alive here in the west. Starting to see a few baetis and a whole lot of midges hatching...should be popping off here in the next couple!!
Attachments
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (200.31 KiB) Viewed 6477 times
Chaza402

Re: Hows the fishing been in yalls neck of the woods?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 17, 2016 •  [Post 2]

Gorgeous Brownie Chase! I wish I lived closer to good trout waters.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby GobbleFarmer » 03 18, 2016 •  [Post 3]

Aw man, I wish i lived close to trout waters too. That looks like an awesome place to fish!
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Postby swmoelk » 05 09, 2016 •  [Post 4]

uploadfromtaptalk1462833738104.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1462833738104.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 6421 times

Here's a sample of what we usually catch. No catfish this time but we usually pick up one or two. I caught these a couple Saturday mornings back.
swmoelk

First Name: jarred
Last Name: brotherton

Postby Toothy » 05 23, 2016 •  [Post 5]

We fish a lot.. focusing on dolphin and yellowfin tuna. Even got a nice wahoo as a bonus last week. This time of year we run between 80-100 miles offshore leaving at 3 am and arriving back around 10 pm.

Toothy

Postby Tigger » 05 26, 2016 •  [Post 6]

Freshwater guy here in Minnesota. Kids have been catching some walleyes off the dock. Going up to northwestern Ontario shortly, we always look forward to that. We have been fishing Lac Seul for about 30 years. Great walleye and pike fishing. As picturesque as a northern shield lake can cet. Taking my 8 year old boys with me so and my dad. 3 generations of Tiggers in the boat!
Tigger

Postby Deanmac » 05 26, 2016 •  [Post 7]

Bass and bull bream been biting good here in GA, son and I caught a nice stringer this morning with biggest bass about 4 lbs
Deanmac

Postby Deanmac » 05 26, 2016 •  [Post 8]

[quote="Toothy"]We fish a lot.. focusing on dolphin and yellowfin tuna. Even got a nice wahoo as a bonus last week. This time of year we run between 80-100 miles offshore leaving at 3 am and arriving back around 10 pm.

Where do you go out of? We have a place in Carrabelle Fl, headed down in the morning
Deanmac

Postby Toothy » 05 31, 2016 •  [Post 9]

Deanmac wrote:
Toothy wrote:We fish a lot.. focusing on dolphin and yellowfin tuna. Even got a nice wahoo as a bonus last week. This time of year we run between 80-100 miles offshore leaving at 3 am and arriving back around 10 pm.

Where do you go out of? We have a place in Carrabelle Fl, headed down in the morning

Mostly out of Jupiter or Hillsboro Inlet. Carrabelle is a neat area, I'll be there in December for the Sambar Hunt on St Vincent's Island, I say be there... I have 2 points and that's what it took last year.
Toothy

Postby GobbleFarmer » 05 31, 2016 •  [Post 10]

A buddy sent this to me, its crazy!

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Postby JKaboom » 05 31, 2016 •  [Post 11]

WOW!
JKaboom

Postby Deanmac » 06 01, 2016 •  [Post 12]

Toothy wrote:
Deanmac wrote:
Toothy wrote:We fish a lot.. focusing on dolphin and yellowfin tuna. Even got a nice wahoo as a bonus last week. This time of year we run between 80-100 miles offshore leaving at 3 am and arriving back around 10 pm.

Mostly out of Jupiter or Hillsboro Inlet. Carrabelle is a neat area, I'll be there in December for the Sambar Hunt on St Vincent's Island, I say be there... I have 2 points and that's what it took last year.

I have been to St Vincent a couple times, just to tour around, saw one Sambar while there, should be a great experience, good luck.
Deanmac

Postby jmez » 06 13, 2016 •  [Post 13]

Walleye coming into the rocks and boat docks at night chasing shad in our local lake. My brother and I went Friday and Sat nights for a couple hours. Caught 56 of them between us.
jmez

First Name: jason
Last Name: mez