Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

C eh N eh D eh fishing trip

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

C eh N eh D eh fishing trip

Postby Tigger » 06 15, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Just got back from a trip to Lac Seul in NW Ontario fishing for walleyes, northerns, and smallmouth. This was our 31st year going up there and it was again a great trip. This year was our biggest group ever with 11 people going - 6 guys and 5 kids. Hightlights included my 13 year old daughter, Lauren, having a 38.5 inch northern pike explode on her bait right at the boat side (pic below). It was quite the adrenaline rush to have a 18 pound pike absolutely destroy that bait as she was lifting it out of the water after her cast. She was feeling the rush for a long time.

We were absolutely beating up the walleyes one morning and my dad said whoever catches the 100th walleye this morning I will give $1 to. My 9 year old boy Wyatt and Lauren were all over that bet! Wyatt hooked #100 and started reeling it in. Just then, Lauren hooked on too. the race to the boat was on with both of them screaming for me to get the net. Wyatt soon decided that he wasn't waiting around for no stinking landing net and promptly launched a walleye missile right at the boat from out in the water about 12 feet! He had this walleye bouncing off us, off the windshield, off the seats...and we were laughing our butts off!

I got in the big fish action with this 19.5 inch smallmouth. Also below is Wyatt with a nice pike and my dad with his, uh, big catch!

Tigger

Re: C eh N eh D eh fishing trip

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 15, 2017 •  [Post 2]

What an awesome trip with the Tigger family! Wonder how in the heck your pop hooked that kipper snack on the big fish gear you guys were using :D.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: C eh N eh D eh fishing trip

Postby Tigger » 06 16, 2017 •  [Post 3]

He caught that on a floating jig and a minnow and we teased him that his minnow actually attacked the walleye. Funny thing is, he caught another later that trip.

We do throw some big stuff for pike up there. Typically muskie baits. And we catch a LOT of walleyes on muskie crankbaits. Especially big walleyes.
Tigger