Elk Spaghetti

Postby husky390 » 11 10, 2015 •  [Post 1]

2 jars of Vodka Cream Sauce
Minced Garlic
Italian Seasoning
Rudy's Rub
Elk Hamburger
Angel Hair Pasta

Toss hamburger in fry pan, sprinkle some Rudy's Rub on the meat, add a heaping table spoon of minced garlic, fry in olive oil and drain

Pour sauce in pot, add tablespoon of garlic and some Italian seasoning, add meat and heat up

Prepare Angel Hair Pasta and serve.

Caution, this recipe has a lot of garlic in it and you may want to cut back on it at first if you're not used to it. Think long and hard before serving this in elk camp, especially if you and members of your party are in a small tent or camper. The garlic can give you some wicked farts. :shock:
husky390
Wapiti Hunting - Logistics Consultant

First Name: Dave
Last Name: B

Re: Elk Spaghetti

Postby Indian Summer » 11 11, 2015 •  [Post 2]

Cut back on garlic? Never! That sounds pretty darn good to me.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 11, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Agree, sounds tasty! Ironic that I just pulled out a couple lbs of elk burger before I saw your post husky390. Elk spaghetti it is this week! I don't have any Rudy's Rub on the shelf so I'll use a bit of Alpine Touch (Montana's special spice).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby husky390 » 11 11, 2015 •  [Post 4]

Good luck to you guy's if you try it. It's one of my favorite dishes, not sure if it's the angel hair, the vodka cream sauce or both but it's fantastic. It's even better the next day after fermenting in the fridge.
husky390

Postby Indian Summer » 11 12, 2015 •  [Post 5]

Phantom16 wrote:Agree, sounds tasty! Ironic that I just pulled out a couple lbs of elk burger before I saw your post.

Ironically.....I pull out a pack of elk ground every couple days. :lol:

And yes spaghetti is definitely better the next day. I like to make a big pile of it and eat it for a couple days. I use LOTS of meat which is better once it is in the sauce over night.

I'm not so sure I like this new forum. It makes me hungry. I might have to make sure I don't click on it until I'm ready to log off!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 14, 2015 •  [Post 6]

OK, trying a new spaghetti recipe. I didn't stop by the store to get the Vodka Cream Sauce on the way home from work yesterday (really wanted to try husky's recipe) so I went with what I have out here on this rainy Washington afternoon. We'll see how it tastes (just put the elk meatballs in the oven).

Meatballs - 1 1/2 lbs elk burger, tbs Italian seasoning, 1 egg, 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, a bit of minced garlic, 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles, and a splash of Winchester sauce. Rubbed the meatballs with olive oil and threw them, covered, in the oven at 350 for probably 30 minutes?

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG
Sauce - Ragu Old World style, 1/3 cup diced onions, tbs Italian seasoning, a bit of minced garlic, and a splash of cabernet sauvignon wine.

We'll see how it comes out. Will pull the meatballs out in a bit and throw em in the sauce for a few hours.

Ah ha, the meatballs are done enough and jumped into the sauce for a few hours. Had a small sample of one of them and they're pretty damn good! The feta cheese crumbles really add a nice little taste variation. OK, anybody want to swing by and have some elk spaghetti this evening? I've got plenty ;)

IMG_2626.JPG
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby husky390 » 11 14, 2015 •  [Post 7]

Looks good. I'll be there in oh about 20 hours? :lol:
husky390

Postby elkstalker » 11 18, 2015 •  [Post 8]

Looks delicious! I rarely make meatballs but I think I've been inspired!
elkstalker