Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

R.I.P moosey

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

R.I.P moosey

Postby wawhitey » 11 12, 2015 •  [Post 1]

Went out to try to rattle up a buck for a friend today. No buck, but found this poor little cow, small one, prob a year old. Older kill so hard to be sure, but i suspect a cat got her. This particular area has occasional wolf or three passing through, but theyre few and far between. LOTS of cougars though.
Attachments
rsz_20151112_073139.jpg
rsz_20151112_073139.jpg (165.97 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: R.I.P moosey

Postby Lefty » 11 13, 2015 •  [Post 2]

Doesnt appear to be a wolf or cougar kills,.. Most wolf kills leave little behind,.. hair and digested stomach matter.
A cougar would drag a smaller animal under a tree and cover the carcass with debri,.. could just be a natural death, or not a kill
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: R.I.P moosey

Postby wawhitey » 11 13, 2015 •  [Post 3]

The fact that it didnt appear to have been buried threw me off, but it does look like it was drug a little ways, its in under a couple trees. Hard to say, its been dead for quite some time and im sure lots of various little critters had theircfun with it. I just came up with cougar as my best guess as a process of elimination thing. Havent seen or heard of wolves around for probably 6 months. But then again, i havent been spending as much time in that area this year as i usually do. Hard to say what got her.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey