Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Very, very scary.....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Very, very scary.....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 09, 2016 •  [Post 1]

Watch out, he'll grow up to steal your chicken coup eggs and stink your dogs up :D

image.jpg
image.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Very, very scary.....

Postby Lefty » 01 10, 2016 •  [Post 2]

As a trapper I have all sorts of skunk stories.
My first experience at 12 years old,.. my brother and I had to strip on the back steps ,. and missed church that morning.
One year $3.50 -$5.00 skunks at 3 4 skunks a day more than paid gas
Ive freaked out in horror as my dog, dogged skunks a few times,.. she never has been sprayed.
A buddies dog never trusted me after hitting a hot fence and sprayed just minutes apart.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby wawhitey » 01 11, 2016 •  [Post 3]

The most dangerous animal known to man
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Fridaythe13th » 01 11, 2016 •  [Post 4]

Many moons ago I was bow hunting deer, about 1/2 before dark a little stinky walk buy in the corn field I was setting buy. I waited 45 min thinking plenty of time for him to move on, as I'm walking the corn field to my truck yep you guess it I looked down not more than 2 feet from me with tail up and me running for my life. Luckily I can run fast scared and no harm done except in my underwear.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby GobbleFarmer » 01 18, 2016 •  [Post 5]

Walking home after an evening deer hunt two years ago year it was pitch dark and I was cutting through the church lawn and heard a faint scuffle just feet in front of me, turned on the flashlight and saw a large striped skunk dart towards me then veer off and hide in a drainage pipe off to my left, I walked over and put my head right up to the opening. The little fella was terrified about 10 feet back in the pipe, but didn't spray, in hind sight I really shouldn't have put my face up to that pipe though, I'm sure getting dosed in the face would be just awful! :o
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Postby CurlyTail » 02 01, 2016 •  [Post 6]

I just watched a show where they were using skunk scent in Vaseline as an attractant for Trail Camera pics. I guess all sorts of critters are curious about this odor. On this show, they were trying to attract Swift Fox. I would have thought this would be a repellent, not an attractant.
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby ishy » 02 02, 2016 •  [Post 7]

Craziest thing I've ever seen was after hunting behind some private ground back at the farm after dark there were kids and animals going every which way like a typical farm. Then you noticed that some were skunks! These people would feed them every evening with their cats! They didn't bother anyone, just came in and filled up and went on their way. Not sure what ever happened if they ran out of cat food.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L