Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

You can get lucky once in awhile.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

You can get lucky once in awhile.

Postby ray56hoc » 04 19, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Hunter Nation had there hunting trip raffle last week and I got lucky and won a 7day guided shiras moose hunt for fall of 2019. Last year i was out on a utah elk hunt using my 18 points and got a nice 348 bull so I certainly wasn't planning on going to Utah this year. But now I won this so I'm going out again. I usually buy a few raffle tickets every year for a variety of hunting tripsit gives you a little something to dream about but never really plan on winning. Well this time I actually won. Just thought I would Gloat a little about some good luck.Best of luck to everyone on their hunts this year. Thanks Ray
ray56hoc

Re: You can get lucky once in awhile.

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 19, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Gloating warranted! Congrats on the great raffle hunt win; looking forward to hearing about your hunt.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 04 19, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Awesome, which state is your moose hunt?
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby ray56hoc » 04 19, 2019 •  [Post 4]

The state for the moose hunt is Utah. The hunt includes a cwmu landowner moose tag.
ray56hoc

Postby ray56hoc » 04 20, 2019 •  [Post 5]

At the end of october I will post about how this Utah moose hunt goes. I'm pretty excited about winning this as it is a once in a lifetime tag it should be a fun hunt. Thanks Ray
ray56hoc

Postby Lefty » 04 30, 2019 •  [Post 6]

When we moved to Idaho I left a lot of points in the Ogden unit for moose, painful.
Do you mind sharing which CWMU, I’m jealous
The whole CWMU is the best thing going for the average guy in Utah

Did I mention. I’m jealous
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby ray56hoc » 05 04, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Lefty the cwmu for my moose hunt is the Hubbard Creek south cwmu.
ray56hoc

Postby ray56hoc » 05 06, 2019 •  [Post 8]

Lefty I meant to say Woodruf Creek South cwmu.
ray56hoc

Postby Swede » 05 08, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Congratulations on winning the moose hunt. Show us some pictures when you return from your hunt.

I just would never gloat about winning something like that hunt. Sure I wouldn't. Ha ha.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 05 10, 2019 •  [Post 10]

Some funky area Ray. A friend was looking at a ranch over the mountain range from your CWMU. The realtor tried to make it sound like it was great elk hunting and he could make easy 10-30 K a year for an elk lease. While it may have elk in the winter it isnt spring summer or fall range.

The states site must be wrong on the size. How many moose can be killed on the unit?. I had a couple Deseret Land and livestock hunts,.. more like a shoot. And buddies dad drew a bull elk on Deseret. Huge bull
Spend all 7 days there. Dont run home even if all you get to do is sight- see Will they let you bring non hunters.. Pay the extra or tip big

Our best hunts have been family moose and antelope hunts and hunts on Deseret CWMU You my want to try archery

Do you have hunt dates?
Is Kings giving you a full wardrobe!!!!
And maybe fair warning. My worst moose encounters happened over 3 year period in Utah. Twice cows keeping me up in trees, bulls keeping me behind trees raking and kicking dirt .

And that evil,. yes very evil stare I got when I walked up on a bedded bull,.. between him and his sleeping girls in September. I thought I was a dead man
If I ever believed telepathic communication, it was that day "I know " what that bull was thinking :o It was just easier for him to let me back out of there than for him to get up and stomp my face into the dirt
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H