Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

klickitat/ ringold/ khalotus

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

klickitat/ ringold/ khalotus

Postby wawhitey » 05 05, 2013 •  [Post 1]

does anybody hunt these units in washington state? 382/379/381? havent been there since i was a kid. thinking of having the late muzzy mule deer hunt there as a backup plan between the late firearm and late archery seasons in stevens county in case i havent punched my tags yet. plan on being extra picky since i payed the money for my multi tag this year. would love to pick somebodys brain about these units. thanks
wawhitey

Re: klickitat/ ringold/ khalotus

Postby bowhunterty » 05 29, 2013 •  [Post 2]

If you want something big Ringhold would be the best bet. Heard of a couple good bucks coming from there. I've archery hunted across the road from there mainly to fill a tag. Kahlotus could produce also but you need to scout it to find the feel free to hunt properties. Also check out the Army Corps of Engineser properties in those units. Fish and Wildlife Service has property in Ringhold. Haven't hunted the Klickitat.
bowhunterty

First Name: Ty
Last Name: Reed

Postby wawhitey » 06 03, 2013 •  [Post 3]

thanks for the reply. so sounds like ringold would be the better bet for public land huh? being one of the few spots in the state for otc muley rut hunts i would assume it would be pretty popular?
wawhitey

Postby bowhunterty » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I've hunted across the road from it during archery season and have never seen but a few hunters. Some of the bucks I've heard cross the river from Hanford. But why I suggest it is a friend from work walks his dog in the area and has seen some decent bucks.
bowhunterty

First Name: Ty
Last Name: Reed

Postby wawhitey » 06 20, 2013 •  [Post 5]

ever there during the muzzie muley rut season? ill check it out if my tag isnt filled by then, but if you look at the regs, there are very very few options for hunting mule deer during the rut, so im kind of suspicious thinking that the area would get hit hard then, since theyre giving multi tags away like free kittens at the grocery store
wawhitey