Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

well, i opened up some free time this Jan.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

well, i opened up some free time this Jan.

Postby pointysticks » 01 09, 2014 •  [Post 1]

i am heading to AZ!!

this is an awesome hunt. my physical abilities continue to improve..so the hills shouldnt be a problem.
i didnt think this hunt was going to happen. my brother just went thru shoulder surgery and is just about to finish his PT. and he is studying for some work exam. (test is the 28th..timing is everything) he said his shoulder feels awesome. he actually called just a few minutes ago saying he drew his bow back.

me, work has been kinda crazy. family busy as well. but i rejected some documents at work and pushed back some stuff..hahah

i am hitting the desert Jan 24 and going until the last day of AZ archery deer. jan 31. Jan 30 is chinese new years..and i begged my wife to let me out of the family dinner deal. she green lighted the project!!

i have to hunt SOLO until my brother shows up on the 28th after his test..hope i knock one down early, and then we can focus on his chase.

due to the short notice..we are comfort camping. pop up trailer, big ass campfire..real food. we poured over maps to find a hike in hunt..but there just isnt time.

anyone hit up AZ this year? oh..chinese new years..this is the year of the Horse. ME!! i hope life shine a warm light on my butt and i get lucky!!!
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: well, i opened up some free time this Jan.

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 10, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Ha Ha, I love your sense of humor Cliff! Seems you always have a smile & a good heartedness about you & you don't mind taking jabs at yourself, good stuff bud! I hope you & your brother connect & if you don't I know you guys will still have a great time building those memories together. Good Luck & let us know how the hunt goes! -- By the way those pop-up campers do OK!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul