Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

new ti idaho panhande, looking for help

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

new ti idaho panhande, looking for help

Postby fwilkin » 10 17, 2017 •  [Post 1]

hoping to find a hunting partner who live in N Idaho. New here and will be a resident by the end of the year.
fwilkin

Re: new ti idaho panhande, looking for help

Postby fwilkin » 11 01, 2017 •  [Post 2]

After posting for just a little help I can see this section has tight lips. I read a lot about those who are successful. Always a good read and gives people who are trying to break the code more determination to do the same. I will read more and dig deeper.
fwilkin

Postby Swede » 11 01, 2017 •  [Post 3]

fwilkin, Thanks for posting and asking. Here is my take on your inquiry.
There are some tough questions and there are some very hard ones. You just asked one of the most difficult. It is not that no one wants to open up, but there may be less than 5% of us that live in Northern Idaho. The few that do may have family and friends they are already committed to. I often see people wanting hunting friends to help them, but finding a lone hunter looking for a partner is not easy.
I will help with technical things and give some advise, but I just won't ignore my hunting friends after years of hunting together, and say we have a new guy to take in. Many camps have more than they feel comfortable with already. Best wishes and be patient.
If I wanted to hunt with a North Idaho hunter, I would set up camp fairly close by, but not so close that I would be seen as a nuisance. As the hunt progressed just start sharing hunting information with them. When you get to know them, let them know where you are hunting. After awhile you may feel comfortable inviting some of them along on one of Your hunts. If they like hunting with you, they will reciprocate. Be careful to never take advantage of them, or mooch. Just my thoughts. Good Luck :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby fwilkin » 11 02, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Thanks I will do solo till I figure it out
fwilkin

Postby Swede » 11 02, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I did not see your handle on the Elk Forum thread "Looking for a Hunting Partner". It is out version of E-Harmony.com. You can call it Elk-Harmony.com. Keep posting on the forum and let people get acquainted with you. You may need to be a little flexible on hunting location, if you want to go with an established Idaho hunter. Lets hope someone here has room for another person in their camp. It certainly helps for people to get to know you, even if it is just forum knowledge.
Swede

Postby fwilkin » 11 03, 2017 •  [Post 6]

My handle? If u mean what I sign in by fwilkin.
fwilkin

Postby Swede » 11 05, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Yes. I just do not know if you saw the thread. Anyway if you have not seen it you have a place to look. You will see you are not the only hunter looking for a partner. That is why I referred to it as elkharmony.com.
Swede