Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

feedback-2018-proposed-big-game-grizzly-bear-seasons.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

feedback-2018-proposed-big-game-grizzly-bear-seasons.

Postby Lefty » 04 17, 2018 •  [Post 1]

If interested please fill in the survey.
While I have no intention of hunting grizzle in the current hunting area and unwilling to pay the current resident tag.
I am currently unaware of how many adult boar bears are in the area open to hunting, I find it disappointing more tags are not offered and the hunt area extended.
I was planning to attend tonights meeting, unfortunately I have other obligations tonight.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/form/public-feedback-2018-proposed-big-game-grizzly-bear-seasons
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: feedback-2018-proposed-big-game-grizzly-bear-seasons.

Postby Lefty » 04 18, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I attended the hunt meeting in Idaho falls last night. There were nearly as many IDFG fellows there as attendees. Only appeared to be 4 non hunters who I never heard say a word. I bet that wasnt the case in Jackson Wyoming last nigh on their hunt proposal.
Unfortunately there are a number of lawsuits still in progress and the hunts could be stopped.
Lefty

Postby jmez » 04 18, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Thanks for the link. I filled out the survey. Are they planning on giving any non resident tags?
jmez

First Name: jason
Last Name: mez

Postby wawhitey » 04 19, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Man, im itching to do a diy grizz hunt in the lower 48. I want ot bad. I want to call one in with a hand call, and kill it with my .460. But im waiting for all the lawsuits and bullsh*t to be done before i bother getting in line. If it ever becones a predictable safe bet, ill apply. Right now, there just seems to be too much weirdness, not just in idaho, but wyoming etc. Im gonna lay back in the tall grass, see which way the wind blows. If grizz season in the lower 48 is an established thing in a couple years, ill do whatever i can to make it happen, but i have my doubts. Id love to call a grizz in with a hand call, and kill it with my .460. I guess we will see in a couple years...
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 04 19, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Seriously, waiting for the dust to settle. This could get good.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Jackson Hole had there presentation on the grizzlie hunt. Im sure the bear huggers were there causing problems.
Most of the info regarding Idaho was on the web site.The only new item was the fish and game wants to target boars only.
Lefty

Postby jmez » 04 21, 2018 •  [Post 7]

wawhitey wrote:Man, im itching to do a diy grizz hunt in the lower 48. I want ot bad. I want to call one in with a hand call, and kill it with my .460. But im waiting for all the lawsuits and bullsh*t to be done before i bother getting in line. If it ever becones a predictable safe bet, ill apply. Right now, there just seems to be too much weirdness, not just in idaho, but wyoming etc. Im gonna lay back in the tall grass, see which way the wind blows. If grizz season in the lower 48 is an established thing in a couple years, ill do whatever i can to make it happen, but i have my doubts. Id love to call a grizz in with a hand call, and kill it with my .460. I guess we will see in a couple years...
You don't have to worry about WY. Only place you will be able to shoot one will be wilderness area do you'll need a guide.

Watch and see. They will require an outfitter got grizzly bears, they won't allow the resident guide thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
jmez

First Name: jason
Last Name: mez

Postby Lefty » 04 22, 2018 •  [Post 8]

jmez wrote:
wawhitey wrote:Watch and see. They will require an outfitter got grizzly bears, they won't allow the resident guide thing. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The words from the meeting I attended
"Hunters will be spending a lot of time with our biologist" I wouldnt be surprised the biologist need to tag along
Lefty