Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Reliable game cameras

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Reliable game cameras

Postby NorthIDTLH » 11 20, 2016 •  [Post 1]

I'm looking for a couple game cameras. I'd appreciate any input on what cameras work best and if you know someone looking to liquidate some good equipment, I'd be interested to know whats for sale. Thanks
NorthIDTLH

Re: Reliable game cameras

Postby Elkrunner » 12 14, 2016 •  [Post 2]

I personally do not like to spend a lot on cameras. This way I can have multiple cameras and if they get stolen then I am not out too much. I used the Bushnell 5 megapixels. They run off AA batteries which is really nice and I seem to get about 3-4 months out of the batteries during spring, summer and fall months. During the winter I only get about a month. If you check out Natzches shooting supply they always run deal around 50.00 camera.
Elkrunner

Postby N2mywake » 12 21, 2016 •  [Post 3]

I use the DLC Covert cams, I have for years. Running 3 of the OUTLOOKS right now but the other models are reliable too. Here's a sample pic

Noember poser1.jpg
Noember poser1.jpg (282.17 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
West Kentucky Boy
N2mywake

Postby TimeOnTarget » 06 09, 2017 •  [Post 4]

the cheap cams have came a long way in say even the last 5 years. I nutted up and bought a couple reconyx a few years back. Now I'd be hard pressed to say that my stealth and bushnells are not just as good. Certainly not as well built but pictures are very good and very few misses or false triggers.

take a look at the bushnells aggressor no glow or the stealth NG45?? Both have been great cams for me.
TimeOnTarget

Postby BobcatJerry » 07 24, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I checked my Browning Strike forces, 2 of them today. They have had the same batteries in them since Last November when I put new ones in. Been out all winter, spring, and summer. I haven't checked them in since Mid April. Lazy or didn't care. I forgot to turn one on...duh, and it still had 65% battery as it did in April. The other had 2800+ pictures, and still had 35% left on the batteries. These two cameras have been flawless. Do you know what's it's like to look at 2799 pictures of leaves and branches since the brush has grown up around them. This camera triggers a lot, because the squirrels run by. Five stars from me for a reasonable priced camera. Cameras have been up for two years, 24/7/365 and still working great. Sometimes the images are not as good as I'd like, but they are good enough. Maybe the pics aren't as good because it is conservative on IR flash thus the batteries last longer. They do come and look at it but the don't seem to spook.
BobcatJerry

First Name: Jerry
Last Name: F

Postby MikeCfromWV » 08 01, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Moultrie has been a good camera for me. For the price can't really beat them.
MikeCfromWV