Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Buckstitch Canvas Lightweight Wall Tents

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Buckstitch Canvas Lightweight Wall Tents

Postby Indian Summer » 02 09, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I’ll do a review once mine arrives. I placed my order tonight. Originally I was going to order their spike tent. An 8 by 8 with 4 foot walls weighs in at just 18lbs. But by jumping up to the model with 5 foot walls I got a few tent features that I really like. Seat belt webbing in the eaves. That stuff is a real Insurance policy on the life of the tent since it strengthens the main pressure point. I liked the door design better too. The kicker was it only weighs 1 pound more. Their material in what they call their Li-Tents is amazing. I got a sample in the mail today which is what sold me on this tent. The version with 4 ft walls costs $499. The 5 ft walls $566. Worth the additional $67 if you know anything about tents. The Li-Tent material is tough as nails. I was really surprised at the strength. Looking at the weight of the tent I had concerns which is why I asked for a sample. They also make an 8x8 spike with 2ft walls that weighs only 15 lbs and costs $472. Not bad. As with any lightweight tent material you can expect some condensation. But that’s a trade off for being able to backpack an 8x8 wall tent with a stove jack. Their tents include a sod cloth unless you add a floor, ropes with tighteners, stakes, and a tent bag. Look out high camp here I come!

If you want to check out their products go to http://www.buckstitchcanvas.com

They are located in Cody Wyoming. Here’s a picture of the spike with 2 foot walls and the one I purchased with 5 footers.
Attachments
008A1C97-7361-462E-895D-AA95BB88AB09.jpeg
008A1C97-7361-462E-895D-AA95BB88AB09.jpeg (17.53 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
C856675B-3BDA-4DFA-AFA7-44F46FE05B54.jpeg
C856675B-3BDA-4DFA-AFA7-44F46FE05B54.jpeg (63.86 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: Buckstitch Canvas Lightweight Tents

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 09, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Interesting. I’m poking around for a smaller walk tent for buddy and I. He’s got a big tent with all the trimmings but thinking we’d like something a bit smaller to be more mobile if needed while on base camp type hunts. Following to see what u think of it mister.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 02 10, 2019 •  [Post 3]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Interesting. I’m poking around for a smaller walk tent for buddy and I. He’s got a big tent with all the trimmings but thinking we’d like something a bit smaller to be more mobile if needed while on base camp type hunts. Following to see what u think of it mister.

If you want the fabric sample RJ let me know and I’ll mail it to you. A 15 pound tent with stove jack for your lightweight woodstove seems like a good fit for you. When I opened up the envelope from them and picked up the Li-Tent material I was like “Wow!” I went in the bathroom and ran some water on it. Then I grabbed one corner with a pair of pliers and pulled on it... hard. My next move was to immediately pick up the phone and place my order. The spike tent has a ring on the top center so you can hang it from a tree branch and go poleless.

They also make a range tent which is a square bottomed teepee. That one weighs 13 lbs and sells for $385. 9x9 is one pound heavier at $422.

And... they are really nice people who may be interested in becoming a site sponsor. Tell Sue I gave you her number. 1-800-268-4426
Indian Summer

Postby saddlesore » 02 10, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Sounds like a quality tent.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 02 21, 2019 •  [Post 5]

After purchasing my tent from Buckstitch I finally received a sample if the Vapex material from Alaska Tent and tarp. I definitely made the right decision. My tent shipped from Cody Wyoming yesterday. Review coming soon.
Indian Summer

Re: Buckstitch Canvas Lightweight Wall Tents

Postby RandyVertix » 07 01, 2020 •  [Post 6]

This is awesome thanks for sharing! Definitely going to get something like this for my hunt in Colorado this fall.
RandyVertix

Re: Buckstitch Canvas Lightweight Wall Tents

Postby Indian Summer » 07 07, 2020 •  [Post 7]

I’m going BIGGER. My Buckstitch tent is 8x8. Worked great but now I have 3 people staying at that camp so I need a 10x12. So if you’re interested it’s for sale. Used once and in mint condition. Can’t remember but I might have put it in the classifieds.
Indian Summer