Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

WapitiTalk1 Out of Office......

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

WapitiTalk1 Out of Office......

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 21, 2020 •  [Post 1]

I'm loading up the quad in the back of the red truck tonight and outa here really early tomorrow for a five day scout trip. I'll be out of cell/internet service for 3 of the 5 days, so..... you all know the rules when I'm gone. No fightin', no cussin', no spittin', no burpin', no staying up past 10:00 PM, no driving of my car! I'm sure :? the MODs will keep the forum in line while I'm away... RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: WapitiTalk1 Out of Office......

Postby Swede » 07 21, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Be sure to take Mrs. Wapiti, the dogs and your 44 Mag with you. I hate to have them around when I am hot wiring Big Red. Of coarse you could leave the keys in the ignition and make things a little easier.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 21, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Just so ya know Swede, the red car is not at the house (I knew I couldn't trust you fleas to follow rule #6); I've just hidden her deep in the woods as evidenced by the recent photo I've posted.
100_0664.JPG
100_0664.JPG (539.67 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 07 21, 2020 •  [Post 4]

I can think of nothing more scary than the thought of a nervous, shaky woman pointing a 44 mag at you, unless it is a woman that is not nervous and shaky pointing a 44 mag at you. :shock: Enjoy your scouting trip. Let us know what you find out. As soon as you return I am out of here to go on my own shake down cruise. It will be my first outing of the year.
Swede

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 21, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Enjoy your trip
Elkhunttoo

Postby Tigger » 07 22, 2020 •  [Post 6]

Yahoo!! Party time boys! At RJ's house. We can use the pool (but Lefty wait until we have swam before you wash the mud off all your goose decoys this time). The grill is ready to go, but Swede, leaving possum residue on it last time was kinda gross, so clean it after you cook your road kill this time. Joe, the mud tires should be installed on Big Red when you get there so you can take it to the Mud Derby again this year, but RJ was asking about the residue inside last time so shut the dang windows when you go boggin'. The rest of you miscreants can pitch tents anywhere you like. The empty beer can pyramid challenge is on for this year! Show us how good a stacker you are. I see no reason why we wouldn't keep that art for RJ and Mrs RJ to enjoy so no need to clean them up. Bigger and Better in 2020, that is our motto! If you have any other ideas for fun, post them up!
Tigger

Postby Indian Summer » 07 23, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Good luck scouting dad. I hope you find some promising holes to get lost in this fall. Covid cases are in the rise here in Pa. If they shut some things down including where I work I’ll be making a trip to the hills myself. Fingers crossed!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Lefty » 07 24, 2020 •  [Post 8]

First the goose decoys are fairly clean, they do make good floaters for the kids

My wife and I just got back from a few days of ATV ing and a bit of hiking
I keep my phone in the truck but many wife is addicted to her phone
And she found three locations where she has some phone reception. My phone likely wouldn’t work from the mount ion top and mountain pass ;
With cell reception all she got was “ not good news “

So I’m Leary I wonder if the boss has enough reception to get the bad news first.

Tigger just so you are aware I sent a guy up to clean the pool after the dogs day out
. Swedes mongrole left floating and sinking logs .
He mentioned he found Red and made adjustments to the carborator, deflated the back wheels for better traction , sorry no pressure gauge . My guy assured me those door dings were already there before moving Red
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 07 24, 2020 •  [Post 9]

Don't blame my dog for all the mess, and all I did to Red was remove the trunk lid and put in wood stake racks so we could use it more like a pickup truck. I had to do a little cutting with the torch so things would fit, but I think he can still put the lid back if we can find it.
Swede

Postby 7mmfan » 07 24, 2020 •  [Post 10]

My son really enjoyed his ride in Big Red. The hydraulics that someone installed were the best part. Jumping down the road like cars do in cartoons made him giggle. If I find time, I'll get the mess cleaned up. He's been living in our blueberry bushes for the last week, so things were moving.... freely. We had to nickname him straight pipe. Pretty sure most of the mess is hidden under the passenger seat though.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Swede » 07 26, 2020 •  [Post 11]

I will be out of here first thing in the morning.
Big Red has a new paint job. I hope the boss likes it. I was disappointed in not finding a good automotive paint, so I had to settle for a bargain oil based house paint. I don't have a strayer, but found a $2.00 four inch brush. I left the paint can there with about an inch left in the bottom of the can so RJ can fill in the voids. In navy lingo voids are holidays. Anyway I got it pretty good for a first coat. You jerks can take over from here. I plan to be back next Sunday evening. :D
Swede

Postby Tigger » 07 27, 2020 •  [Post 12]

Thanks Swede for the paint. It might just hide some of the dents.

Ah, we seem to have an issue with the pool. Whose idea was it to throw 2,000 pounds of jello in there? But man, the fun we had!
Tigger

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 27, 2020 •  [Post 13]

Ugh, what I have to endure from you jokers :? (hydraulics, really?). Scouting trip went pretty well. Got a good handful of site access trails cleaned up, mounted a few trail cams, and even prepped a few tree stand sites. Now, to continue with my old guy conditioning, work on the gear prep (probably need to get Joe out and set up the wall tent), and shoot some daily arrows up till we head out early SEP.
WapitiTalk1

Postby 7mmfan » 07 27, 2020 •  [Post 14]

Sounds like a good trip. I've been jonesing to get over to ID to do some scouting but the time just isn't there. I thought our crew had disbanded this year because of the elk tag sell out, but they've all banded together and bought deer tags, so we'll be hunting again, just not for elk. I'm sure we'll all have close encounters with dandies.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 01, 2020 •  [Post 15]

Well RJ, we are ready for an update?
Elkhunttoo

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 01, 2020 •  [Post 16]

Nothing much to update EH2. The cams are over thar clicking away and in home working off my property chores :? Gonna hike into my local blacktail spots next weekend and see who’s around, probably put a few cams up on some trails while I’m out. Weathers nice tomorrow, will probably take the red car out for a lap.
WapitiTalk1