Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bigfoot?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bigfoot?

Postby Freebird134 » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Anyone here ever have any run-ins with a sasquatch? I have not had the fortune of seeing the legendary creature. But one of my best friends' dad has *seen* bigfoot twice while hunting in north-central Idaho. Any good stories?
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Re: Bigfoot?

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I've never seen one but my 10 year old son is sure interested in the science of big foot(CryptoZoology). Every time I take him to the woods, he does tree knocking and howls to see if he can get a response.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Freebird134 » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 3]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:I've never seen one but my 10 year old son is sure interested in the science of big foot(CryptoZoology). Every time I take him to the woods, he does tree knocking and howls to see if he can get a response.

Oh cryptozoology.... :roll: I'm not so sure "science" is the right word for it! hahaha
Freebird134

Postby one_elk » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 4]

it's an ology so its got to be a science....but I haven't ever had the good luck to see such a creature
one_elk

Postby Lefty » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 5]

We have a local professor that promotes Bigfoot,.. just about lost his job at ISU

A recent local sighting,.. Since its mostly black angus in the NF,.. I think Ill go with hes real, he keeps messing with my SD card,.. smart guys
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/article_554d453a-ab36-11e1-88f1-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=image&photo=0
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby POk3s » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 6]

I used to believe in it when I was little as well.....

Now that I'm older I've since calmed down. Main reason being neither I or any of my backcountry bloodbrothers have ever seen a track or siting of one. The only people that see him are rainbow people or the ones looking for a reason to call anything sasquatch.

I have ran into some indian spirits in the woods once with my dad. That moment is tied with my encounter with a grizzly for the most intense/scary moment in the woods.......but that's a story for another day.
Trent Williams
ElkNut Field Staff
POk3s

Postby Freebird134 » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Lefty wrote:We have a local professor that promotes Bigfoot,.. just about lost his job at ISU

Well, it is ISU.... :)
Freebird134

Postby Freebird134 » 08 19, 2012 •  [Post 8]

POk3s wrote:I have ran into some indian spirits in the woods once with my dad.

When I lived down south I ran into some redneck spirits in the woods. They were flavored with peaches and tasted delicious after the 3rd swig.
Freebird134

Postby bullrub » 08 20, 2012 •  [Post 9]

I don't know if bigfoot is real or not. But when I was with search and rescue 30+ years ago, there was a guy that worked for the forest service that would ride his horse into the Mill Creek watershed out of Walla Walla to check on the wildlife. He told me he rode in that area for 12 years but not anymore, because he had seen a bigfoot. I asked him if he was sure it wasn't a black bear, he said he knew what a black bear looked like and everyother animal that lived there. He said it was about 20 yards from him when it came out on the trail he was on and stood there for about ten sec. then went up the hill. He said he would never ride in there again, and he didn't care if anyone believed him or not.

So is there a bigfoot? who knows, But this guy sure thinks so.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Bigfoot?

Postby BarW » 08 20, 2012 •  [Post 10]

I used to be pretty open to the possibility but with as many trail cams as are in use every year and no credible photos? It gets more and more unlikely every year.
BarW

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Wiggins

Postby Lefty » 08 20, 2012 •  [Post 11]

BarW wrote:........with as many trail cams as are in use every year and no credible photos? It gets more and more unlikely every year.

I have a friend who got a pic of Santa at 2 AM Christmas morning,.. His trophy trail cam pic
Lefty

Postby POk3s » 08 20, 2012 •  [Post 12]

Freebird134 wrote:
POk3s wrote:I have ran into some indian spirits in the woods once with my dad.

When I lived down south I ran into some redneck spirits in the woods. They were flavored with peaches and tasted delicious after the 3rd swig.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trent Williams
ElkNut Field Staff
POk3s

Bigfoot?

Postby BarW » 08 21, 2012 •  [Post 13]

Well yea everyone knows Santa is real. :)
BarW

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Wiggins

Postby Lefty » 08 21, 2012 •  [Post 14]

I got a pic today
IMG_0625 (Small).JPG
IMG_0625 (Small).JPG (60.99 KiB) Viewed 11580 times
Lefty

Postby Bullnuts » 08 23, 2012 •  [Post 15]

I don't know if the thing is real or not, but I'm always looking for sign when I'm in the woods. The guys who are convinced that bigfoot exists are absolutely convinced, and I know a lot of guys who attend seminars and listen to the real scientists who have examined hairs that don't match up with any known animals. I think it would be cool to see one - they're obviously not people predators otherwise they'd be attacking people's camps all the time, so I'd love to get a photo.
Bullnuts

Postby Freebird134 » 08 23, 2012 •  [Post 16]

I'd love for bigfoot to be real, but since there has never been any reliable evidence produced it's pretty hard for me to take it seriously. But I do love watching those Monster Quest and Searching for Bigfoot shows on TV. I'll spend the whole time laughing at people and cringing at the bad science, but I watch nonetheless. I can't turn it off! Hahaha

Bullnuts: It's interesting that you said people at are convinced are absolutely convinced. That's so true (as it seems to be for lost of dogmatic ideas besides bigfoot). I can't even talk about it with my buddy who's dad saw bigfoot twice. His dad was convinced, so he is convinced and cannot handle any suggestion that his dad is wrong or that bigfoot doesn't exist. I'll ask him, "isn't there a 1 in a thousand change your dad is wrong about what he saw?" "No." "How about 1 in a million chance he is wrong." "No!" "Come on man, just a 1 in a million shot your dad is mistaken?" "My dad knows what he saw!!!"

LOL. It's almost too easy to get him riled up!
Freebird134

Postby Bullnuts » 08 23, 2012 •  [Post 17]

Yep, everyone I've ever met who believes has either seen one, found a track, or know someone who has. It's a cool idea, a legend that has survived the ages, from one continent to the next, so there has to be something. It's jut hard to believe.
Bullnuts

Postby hornart » 08 24, 2012 •  [Post 18]

Here`s an interesting thought for those who spends countless hours in the field,,How many thousands of mountain lions are out there in the areas we hunt ? how many bobcats ? With all of the years I have spent in the outdoors I have only seen 5 lions and 3 bobcats other than trapping, I believe that there could be something out there that we have never seen that survives in little pockets of wilderness,,but I also believe that it will only be a matter of time with today`s technology that proves it one way or the other,I have known several people that claim to have seen one,and they have never to my knowledge ever lied to me, they believe in what they saw and their experiences have marked their memories just like the first bull elk you have taken or your best buck, I have a hard time disputing their experiences
hornart

First Name: steve
Last Name: smith

Postby bullrub » 08 24, 2012 •  [Post 19]

hornart wrote:Here`s an interesting thought for those who spends countless hours in the field,,How many thousands of mountain lions are out there in the areas we hunt ? how many bobcats ? With all of the years I have spent in the outdoors I have only seen 5 lions and 3 bobcats other than trapping, I believe that there could be something out there that we have never seen that survives in little pockets of wilderness,,but I also believe that it will only be a matter of time with today`s technology that proves it one way or the other,I have known several people that claim to have seen one,and they have never to my knowledge ever lied to me, they believe in what they saw and their experiences have marked their memories just like the first bull elk you have taken or your best buck, I have a hard time disputing their experiences

Im with you Steve, Like you said about the lions I know people who have never ever seen one in the woods.
So yes there could be a bigfoot hideing out there, I guess there just being shy.
bullrub

Postby Freebird134 » 08 24, 2012 •  [Post 20]

bullrub wrote:
hornart wrote:Here`s an interesting thought for those who spends countless hours in the field,,How many thousands of mountain lions are out there in the areas we hunt ? how many bobcats ? With all of the years I have spent in the outdoors I have only seen 5 lions and 3 bobcats other than trapping, I believe that there could be something out there that we have never seen that survives in little pockets of wilderness,,but I also believe that it will only be a matter of time with today`s technology that proves it one way or the other,I have known several people that claim to have seen one,and they have never to my knowledge ever lied to me, they believe in what they saw and their experiences have marked their memories just like the first bull elk you have taken or your best buck, I have a hard time disputing their experiences

Im with you Steve, Like you said about the lions I know people who have never ever seen one in the woods.
So yes there could be a bigfoot hideing out there, I guess there just being shy.

Yeah, but somebody has seen them in the woods. And shot them. And trapped them. And found fur and tracks. And got trail cam pics. And found poop. And bones. And fossils. So mountain lions are real.

I want to believe...i think it would be awesome if there was a North American ape in the mountains! But I just can't believe in things that have no evidence. Just to clarify and respond to hornart's comment, I don't think people that tell me they have seen bigfoot are deceptive people and lying to me. I think they are probably wrong, and didn't see what they think they saw. But they aren't lying. Same goes for people that claim to see UFOs, religious experiences, or other supernatural claims. I don't think they are lying at all, I just havent had the same encounter and therefore need material evidence.
Freebird134

Postby hornart » 08 24, 2012 •  [Post 21]

I understand Freebird134,thanks for clarifying it for me, I still have to believe what my mother and her brother and my aunt said they saw
hornart

First Name: steve
Last Name: smith

Postby dito » 08 26, 2012 •  [Post 22]

I've seen tracks of something that could be a bigfoot. It was certainly human. We were fly fishing on this creek a little high up in the spring and came across snow with large foot prints and a large hand print. Either it was a big foot, a hoax, or some weirdo walking around in the snow barefoot and the snow melted and made the tracks bigger?
dito

First Name: Armando
Last Name: Vigil

Postby bullrub » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 23]

All food for thought, at least it gets you to thinking. :?: :?: :?: :?:
bullrub

Postby Freebird134 » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 24]

bullrub wrote:All food for thought, at least it gets you to thinking. :?: :?: :?: :?:

It does get me thinking....thinking there are some real crazy folks out there in the woods :D hahah just kidding.

We need to start a "have you been abducted by aliens" thread and week out the real wackos :) :) :)
Freebird134

Postby Vanish » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 25]

Freebird134 wrote:It does get me thinking....thinking there are some real crazy folks out there in the woods :D hahah just kidding.

Seeing Bigfoot is possibly crazy, BEING Bigfoot is really crazy.

http://news.yahoo.com/bigfoot-hoaxer-ki ... 33221.html
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby Freebird134 » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 26]

^^^natural selection is real
Freebird134

Postby MTLongdraw » 09 04, 2012 •  [Post 27]

A guy dressed in a bigfoot costume got hit and killed by a car up in Kalispell MT last week.
MTLongdraw

First Name: Josh
Last Name: Volinkaty

Postby Freebird134 » 09 05, 2012 •  [Post 28]

MTLongdraw wrote:A guy dressed in a bigfoot costume got hit and killed by a car up in Kalispell MT last week.

Haha. Yeah MTlongdraw, that's the post up a couple from you! Crazy!!!

Talk about crazy: my mother in law just arrived and on the drive from the airport told us about the documentary she saw on mermaids. Apparently they are real. "Apparently."
Freebird134

Postby Gevärssmed » 09 14, 2012 •  [Post 29]

I won't say if I have ever seen one before but I do find it a little odd that when I see people when I'm out hunting they always run away.... :o
Gevärssmed

First Name: K
Last Name: Swanson

Postby Bullnuts » 09 16, 2012 •  [Post 30]

Gevärssmed wrote:I won't say if I have ever seen one before but I do find it a little odd that when I see people when I'm out hunting they always run away.... :o

LMAO!! Love the profile pic. I can't understand why anyone would want to run when they see you!
Bullnuts